LISTSERV_HELP Archives

November 2006

From:
Adrienne Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:42:56 -0480
direction, may be of service, if not to himself, to many others, for it must only deter him from such<BR>"i hope," added mrs. gardiner, "that no consideration with regard to this young man will<BR>agreed in wishing, for the sake of their sister's feelings and consequence, that she should be noticed on<BR>between him and mr. bingley, who came from the dance for a few minutes, to press his friend to join<BR>circumstances might make it more eligible for them to be married privately in town than to pursue<BR>attacked him in various ways-with barefaced questions, ingenious suppositions, and distant surmises;<BR>dinner-time. mrs. jenkinson was chiefly employed in watching how little miss de bourgh ate, pressing<BR>as no objection was made to the young people's engagement with their aunt, and all mr.<BR>"and will you promise me, never to enter into such an engagement?"<BR>"i know little of the game at present," said he, "but i shall be glad to improve myself, for in my<BR>creditors in meryton, of whom i shall subjoin a list according to his information? he has given in all<BR>behaviour equally free from any symptom of resentment or any unnecessary complaisance.<BR>"you  want to tell me, and i have no objection to hearing it."<BR>"he is a sweet-tempered, amiable, charming man. he cannot know what mr. darcy is."<BR>"what do you mean, mr. bennet, in talking this way? you promised me to insist  upon her<BR>"that is all very proper and civil, i am sure," said mrs. bennet, "and i dare say she is a very<BR>before. but on the third morning after his arrival in hertfordshire, she saw him, from her<BR>"if i can but see one of my daughters happily settled at netherfield," said mrs. bennet to her<BR>do but consider in what a disgraceful light it places mr. darcy, to be treating his father's favourite in<BR>"heaven forbid! that  would be the greatest misfortune of all! to find a man agreeable whom<BR>connections?-to congratulate myself on the hope of relations, whose condition in life is so decidedly<BR>"for my own part," she rejoi
ned, "i must confess that i never could see any beauty in her. her<BR>answer without confusion, said scarcely anything. he was not seated by her; perhaps that was the<BR>