CHEMISTRYCLUB Archives

October 2007

From:
Pedro Hathaway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pedro Hathaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:09:12 +0000
Former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko (left) has received support from Ukranian President YushchenkoAfter holding talks with the president, Tymoshenko and the leaders of the pro-Yushchenko party signed an agreement that gives Tymoshenko's party the right to name the prime minister -- virtually assuring she would get the post -- and allows Yushchenko's party to name the parliament speaker.A Lithuanian court convicted Cantat in 2004 of beating 41-year-old French actress Marie Trintignant to death in a Vilnius hotel room, and he was ordered to spend eight years behind bars. He was released early for good behavior.TOULOUSE, France (AP) -- French rock star Bertrand Cantat, convicted for beating his actress girlfriend to death, left prison Tuesday after spending four years behind bars.Each count carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail or a $1,000 fine.Spears, 25, arrived at the Van Nuys Community Police Station at 9 p.m. (midnight ET) Monday, said Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Mike Lopez."We have drawn conclusions from what happened in previous years," Tymoshenko said in remarks confirmed by her office. "We firmly know what to do, we firmly know how, and with which team."Her divorce attorney, Laura Wasser, resigned last month as her legal representative after telling reporters the singer "just wants to be a mom."In September, a judge ordered Spears, 25, to submit to random drug tests after finding she engaged in "habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol."The document, however, had no official force, since a legally binding coalition agreement can only be signed by parliamentary factions after the legislature convenes. No date has been set.