Dearest Central Cal Chapter,

Allow me to briefly introduce myself.  I am Martha Escalera, President-Elect for your chapter.  I am the SSS Director at The National Hispanic University and also an Upward Bound Alumni.  I have been working for TRiO for nine years and am truly passionate about working with students and my TRiO familia.  I am excited about being part of the board and getting much more involved in our chapter.  I am looking forward to meeting more of you and working with you and the board this year!

This is a reminder email to Bernardo Reynoso's (Our President) message from last week.  We will gather as a board this week to plan and review board member and chair expectations.  We need your help and support with the following:

1.       A list of duties for the positions you have served in the past

2.       A description of what you did when you first got the potions

3.       Planning stages of your position

4.       A description of the execution of your position, interactions with other board members, or committees

I have attached the "prior advise sheet" which can be used to provide us with the above information.  I have also attached a great example of what one of our Prior Committee Chairs provided us.  Please feel free to forward any information to Bernardo Reynoso, or myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and again, I look forward to meeting you on August 26, 2011.

Warm Regards,

Martha Escalera
Director, Student Success Program (SSS TRiO)
The National Hispanic University|14271 Story Road, San Jose, CA  95127
Office: 408-273-2709 | Fax: 408-254-1369 E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Discover our greatness @ www.nhu.edu<http://mail.nhu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.nhu.edu/>
[cid:image001.jpg@01CC4557.5E22C4F0]<https://share.mylaureate.com/sites/nhuhr/NHU%20Logos/nhu_275x75px.jpg>[cid:image004.jpg@01CC4581.BDCF7810]