FYI - The deadline is fast approaching. Please distribute to your students. Thanks. Jenny

Hello Friends,

Please forward the attached information to your networks.

Regards,

-AJ

Andrew J. Gonzalez I Director of the Hispanic Youth Institute, Central Valley I Hispanic College Fund

Mobile: 202.280.5040 I [log in to unmask]

Do you have what it takes to change someone’s life?

Calling all Latino Leaders in college (undergraduate and graduate students)

and

young professionals!

The Central Valley Hispanic Youth Institute Kick-Off Program

- Fresno State University –

July 18 – 22, 2011

The Hispanic Youth Institute (HYI) is a national program that begins the Hispanic College Fund’s pipeline of programs by helping students graduate from college, become professionals, and give back to the community. Beginning in the summer, 100-200 high school students will experience a university campus for a four-day, three-night college empowerment program where students will learn to overcome both real and perceived barriers to college access. The students will participate in college and career workshops, connect with local Hispanic professionals, meet college admissions officers, interact with near-peer mentors, listen to inspirational speakers, and compete for scholarships. Throughout the on-campus experience, the students will build their confidence and receive practical tools to help them along their pathway to college.

CV Flyer 2011 Template.jpg

Deadline is March 15, 2011!

Make a difference! APPLY NOW at www.HispanicYouth.org/Become-A-Volunteer !

Have questions? Email [log in to unmask]

Marcos Valdez I Program Manager I Hispanic College Fund

1300 L Street, NW I Suite 975 I Washington, DC 20005

Main: 202.296.5400 I Fax: 202.296.3774 I Direct: 202.503.1461 I Mobile: 202.425.7502

[log in to unmask] I www.HispanicFund.org

New PictureNew Picture (1)

Promising youth. Promising professionals. A stronger America.

CFC #10147