Good Afternoon WESTOP Team Leaders and Team Members:

LEGISLATIVE APPOINTMENTS: I just wanted to remind you that as we are just weeks away from Policy Seminar that each of you should have already contacted legislative offices for your districts to secure your appointments to meet with congressional representatives.

GET THAT TIME SLOT! : If you have not already received confirmation of your appointment with either the congressman/woman or their educational aide, then please contact those prospective offices as soon as possible to follow-up.  You can ask to speak directly to the educational aide and hopefully secure those appointments. Since their staff are so busy, this is something that you have to stay on top of, even if it means multiple calls or emails.

I am attaching Key Talking Points and Tips for Visiting Your Representative.

Other tips for preparation for your visit:

So we have our work cut out for us WESTOP.  If you are not attending Policy Seminar, you can still help by putting together "success" stories or plea letters for your chapter team leader or team member to take with them.  Contact them today to pledge your assistance in this so very important matter.

Looking forward to hearing back from you all soon,

Kimberly Hughes
SSS Program Assistant/WESTOP Legislative & Education Chair
5241 N Maple Avenue, TA35
Fresno, CA 93740-8027
559-278-5725 work/559-470-5782 cell
559-278-1441 fax