From: "Kimberly Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 3:13:15 PM
Subject: Urge Your Senators to Vote for the DREAM Act!

Untitled Document
Click To View Documents: All Senators 12.8.10.xls (27KB);
December 8, 2010

Dear TRIO Colleagues:

In the midst of the discussion of money (general government funding, tax cuts, and deficits), another critical conversation is happening on Capitol Hill about the DREAM Act. This legislation will pave the way for undocumented students who came to the United States as children to earn college degrees and U.S. citizenship.  As a member of the Act on the Dream Coalition, COE strongly encourages TRIO supporters to stand in support of the DREAM Act as well.

Tonight, the House of Representatives will vote on the DREAM Act, with the Senate taking action soon thereafter. Presuming the bill passes in the House (as a result of the strong liberal majority currently in the House), we recognize the bill will face much stronger opposition in the Senate. Therefore, we strongly encourage TRIO supporters to reach out to their Senators (particularly those highlighted on the attached document) and demand that they vote in favor of the DREAM Act. A contact list of all Senate offices is included for your convenience.

You can find more information about the DREAM Act here: http://www.actonthedream.org/resources.html.

Thank you for your support on this important issue.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Jones
COE