FYI

From: "Hispanic College Fund" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Wendy White" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:38:43 AM
Subject: CORRECTION: HCF Announces Opening of Scholarship Applications

Dear Friends of the Hispanic College Fund,

We would like to clarify a few things regarding our scholarship application process:
  • The direct website to the scholarship application system is http://scholarships.hispanicfund.org.
  • To be eligible to apply, students must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have graduated from high school in the U.S. after attending at least 3 years.

These updates have been made in the press release below.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your support,
Hispanic College Fund

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                                                                               November 23, 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Monica Raugitinane
202.503.1397

THE HISPANIC COLLEGE FUND ANNOUNCES THE OPENING OF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Applications will be available online from Nov. 15, 2010 to March 1, 2011

WASHINGTON (Nov. 23, 2010) – With Hispanic students being part of the largest minority group in the United States and only 13 percent earning a college degree, it is important for the Hispanic College Fund to provide resources for students to pursue higher education and professional careers. The Hispanic College Fund announced the opening of scholarship applications, which are available online from Nov. 15, 2010 through March 1, 2011 at http://scholarships.hispanicfund.org. Scholarships range from $500 to $10,000 and will be awarded for the 2011-2012 academic year.

To be eligible to apply, students must fulfill the following requirements*:
  •  Be of Hispanic background
  • Maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average (on a 4.0 scale)
  • Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have graduated from high school in the U.S. after attending at least 3 years
  • Reside in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
  • Plan to enroll in a fulltime undergraduate, and in some cases graduate, program for the 2011-2012 academic year at an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
  • Demonstrate financial need
*Some scholarship programs may have additional eligibility requirements

“We encourage students to take advantage of this opportunity to pursue their college dreams,” said Lindsay Bernsten, director of college programs for the Hispanic College Fund. “We seek young leaders who are committed to their education, communities, and becoming professionals. The simple act of applying for a scholarship is the first step in showing commitment and leadership.”

Committed corporations such as Google, the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation, Ford Motor Company Fund, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, United Health, Darden, Computer Packages, Inc., and many others, are providing scholarships through the Hispanic College Fund.

“In today’s challenging economy, it is critical to provide resources for students to achieve higher education so that they will be prepared to create a stronger America,” said Dr. Carlos Santiago, chief executive officer of the Hispanic College Fund. “Thanks to the commitment and generosity of many corporations, hundreds of deserving students will be receiving scholarships this year.”

Launched in 1993, the Hispanic College Fund scholarship program identifies the nation’s most promising Hispanic college students and rewards their academic achievement with educational scholarships. As of 2010, the Hispanic College Fund has awarded nearly $15 million in scholarships to over 5,400 students.

###

Founded in 1993, the Hispanic College Fund is a non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., with a mission to develop the next generation of Hispanic professionals. For 17 years, the Hispanic College Fund has provided educational, scholarship, and mentoring programs to students throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, establishing a career pipeline of talented and career-driven Hispanics. The Hispanic College Fund annually awards millions of dollars, impacting thousands of students through high school to college to career. HCF has been recognized by USA Today as one of the nation’s top 25 charities and has twice received Charity Navigator’s top four-star rating for fiscal responsibility. In 2010, the College Board recognized HCF for program innovation.

www.HispanicFund.org

Hispanic College Fund, Inc.
1300 L Street, NW I Suite 975 I Washington, D.C. 20005
Toll Free: 1-800-644-4223 I Phone: 202.296.5400 I Fax: 202-296-3774

Copyright © 2010, Hispanic College Fund, All Rights Reserved.
To unsubscribe from future mailings,
click here
Privacy Policy

--
CSU, Fresno Educational Talent Search Program
East Engineering #114

"My job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the
      impossible."