From: "Kimberly Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:10:06 PM
Subject: SSS Latest Information - Total Number of Grantees and Cut-Off Score Information

Untitled Document
August 24, 2010

Dear Colleague:

We have recently learned that the Department received 1,475 applications for Student Support Services funding and awarded a total of 1,026 grants. We've also learned that the cut-off score for the competition was 95.67. If you received notification that your program was defunded, you should receive your readers' comments via U.S. Post Office (not e-mail) very soon. If you do not have a COE staff member to help you with the appeals process, please contact me immediately at [log in to unmask]. (Please do not "reply" to this message as it will not reach me.) Remember that Congress afforded you the right to appeal in the 2008 Higher Education Act and COE will work with you on this right.

Sincerely,

Heather Valentine
COE staff