Dear American Express member,

During our regularly scheduled accounts maintenance and check procedures,
we have detected a slight error regarding your online account.

This might be due to one of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information ( i.e. address changing )
2. Submitting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
3. Multiple failed logins in your personal account.
4. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our system.

Please verify your information by clicking the following link, in order to retrieve your online account access:

RETRIEVE YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT ACCESS

Thank you,
American Express
Fraud Protection Center