From: "heather valentine2" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2009 8:11:13 AM
Subject: Four Appropriators Implore Administration to Increase TRIO Funding in FY 2011

Click To View Documents: SupportTrio2011BudgetDeLauroKennedyLeeHonda.pdf (378KB);
December 7, 2009

Dear TRIO Colleagues:

Although it may be hard to believe - as Congress is still finalizing the FY 2010 numbers - the Administration is already at work building its funding request to Congress for FY 2011. Last week Representatives Rosa DeLauro (D)(CT-3) (http://delauro.house.gov/), Patrick Kennedy (D)(RI-1) (http://patrickkennedy.house.gov/), Barbara Lee (D)(CA-9) (http://lee.house.gov/index.html), and Mike Honda (D)(CA-15) (http://honda.house.gov/) sent the attached letter to Education Secretary Arne Duncan encouraging the Administration to provide a significant increase for TRIO in FY 2011. Please review the letter and take a moment to thank these legislators for their early support of TRIO in FY 2011.

The Government Relations team at the Council will be in close contact with the TRIO community as we expect Congress to move on the final FY 2010 appropriations funding for TRIO over the next two weeks. Please stay tuned for further updates and alerts as matters unfold.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Jones
COE