Good Afternoon Everyone,

Below you will find the information for the UC Counselor Update event that I mentioned during our PDS.   Hope that you will be able to attend.  Take care.

Ismael Serrano,  Program Manager
UC Merced Center for Educational Partnerships
550 E. Shaw Ave., Suite 105
Fresno, CA 93710
Office: (559) 241-7476
Cell:  (559) 916-3181
Fax:  (559) 241-7456

Dear Colleague:

In speaking with counselors from throughout the region, it has come to my attention that many were unable to attend one of the University of California Counselor Conferences this fall.  In response to this information, we have quickly arranged a Counselor Update for professionals like you.

On October 28, 2009 we are hosting a Counselor Update in collaboration with the UC Merced Center for Educational Partnerships. During the program, we will provide important highlights from the University of California system and our campus regarding admissions and financial aid.  The complimentary program will be held at the UC Center, located at 550 East Shaw Avenue in Fresno.  Registration begins at 7:30 AM and the program adjourns at 10:30 AM.  I hope you can join us for this brief but informative dialogue.

Please register online at admissions.ucmerced.edu/counselors-and-educators.  Space is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Please see the attached agenda for additional details.  If you have any questions, contact Alex Delgadillo at (209) 228-4625 or La Toya Brown at (209) 228-4253.

I hope to see you on October 28th.

Sincerely,

Encarnacion Ruiz

Director, Office of Admissions

University of California, Merced

University of California Merced

Counselor Update

UC Center Fresno

October 28, 2009

HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM:

UC Merced is pleased to host a Counselor Update this fall.  The event is designed to provide counselors with valuable information about the UC Merced campus and the University of California application process.  We hope that our presentations will help you advise your students about applying to the University of California.  We are also eager to hear your perspective and address any questions you may have.

The first part of the program will focus on admission, selection, financial aid, academic programs and housing.  The second half of the event will focus on the application process, personal statement and a discussion of how eligibility is earned and maintained (“D” and “F” grades, GPA calculations, and more).

Program Agenda

7:30 AM       Registration/Networking   (Continental Breakfast Provided)

8:00 AM       UC Merced Updates

·         Admissions

·         Financial Aid

·         New Programs and Student Housing

8:30 AM       UC Systemwide Updates

9:00 AM       Navigating Admission Policy

·         Application Process

·         Personal Statement

·         Eligibility/Course Requirements

10:15 AM     Open Dialogue

10:30 AM     Adjourn

Space is limited and registration will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information, please contact Alejandro S. Delgadillo at 209-228-4625.