Good Afternoon,

I have been trying to secure a noon time speaker for our PDS.  Unfortunately my first choice, Dr. Arazi, President of FCC, was not  to available.  I have sent out invitations to Dr. Edward Moreno, Fresno County Public Health Officer and Dr. Katherine Flores, Director of the Latino Center for Medical Education and Research.  Both have experienced many of the challenges and issues our students face in going to college and graduating.  Sadly I have not yet heard from either.  I'm sure its due to their busy schedules.

I now want to go in a different direction. I would like instead to have an alumni from one of our Trio programs as our speaker to provide insights from the student prospective of the challenges he or she faced and how the TRio program and especially the staff helped them continue on to graduation.  If you know of any that stand out in your mind as to their challenges and their triumph I would greatly appreciate it.  This alumni should be someone that obtained their degree, began their career and can be or is a role model for future students.

Send me a small bio that includes contact info, the year of enrollment into your program, their graduation date and any pertainent info regarding the challenges they faced and overcame.  I will call and check on their availability.  Thanks for your help in this.

Jenny Amaro

CCEOC

(559) 278-5328 office

(559) 360-8541 cell