Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:57:13 -0800
From: "Pedro J. Carrillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [WESTOP] Economic Crisis Affecting the Families of our Students and
	their Communities
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

There is a lot of discussion on the news about the economic crisis going on, usually represented in numbers such as percentages of homes being foreclosed or that unemployment rates are rising. What is attached to these numbers though are real stories and real people who are struggling. I wanted to share with everyone a video was put together by an AP English class at Village Academy High School in Pomona. The video was put together in an effort to bring awareness of how this economic crisis is affecting students and their families who live in low income areas. I became aware of the video from some of our Cal Poly Pomona Upward Bound Students from that school who are featured in the video. I am sure the video will echo what students in every low income community are going through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WMTTrOrKVI

Pedro J. Carrillo
Assistant Director
Upward Bound Programs