Gillermina Martinez
Retention Counselor
STAAR Program
CSU, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Hwy.
Bakersfield CA, 93311
(661) 654.2281

----- Original Message -----

Please forward this on to the people in your state.

Thanks,

Heath

Greetings Everyone:

The College Goal Sunday conference planning team is making great progress on the 2009 National College Goal Sunday Best Practices Forum, celebrating its 20th anniversary.  A hotel, date and location have been solidified and you will notice a change from the previously sent Save the Date. This is a mandatory forum for incoming states and we also ask that ALL states plan to send at least two volunteers as well as invite others. The forum is open to ALL College Goal Sunday volunteers, supporters and partners.   In the past, the forum has been a venue for training and best practice sharing and this year will be no different.

We are planning some great activities, sessions and opportunities for you to interact with each other in an amazingly beautiful location nestled in the hilltops of Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, 1300 Tuyuna Trail, in Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico on May 10-13, 2009 (Registration and hotel reservation information will soon follow).  However, we are asking that you contribute to the success of this conference by sharing your own program successes and outcomes.  Please read below for opportunities to share wit
j0261386
and showcase your great work at the College Goal Sunday National Forum celebrating the 20th national anniversary.

THREE WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE CONFERENCE

        [Image]

1.                  For the first time ever, we invite you to submit a SESSION PROPOSAL for the College Goal Sunday National Forum, to be held on May 10th through May 13th at the Tamaya Hotel and Resort outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico.  The attached application form solicits you to be a Session Leader and to propose a session topic, a session design, and names of proposed presenters.

2.                  Perhaps you have a Best Practice idea on a topic important to your program or community.  Soon to follow will be details on how you can showcase your ideas, marketing strategies and efforts unique to your program through a Best Practice gallery.  You may contact Juan Garcia at [log in to unmask] for details.

3.                  If you do not feel comfortable pr for session topics or leaders, you may opt to moderate a session by submitting your thoughts in the enclosed form or sending an email to [ mailto:[log in to unmask]org ]feedback@collegegoalsundayusa.org with details.

Joperations

College Goal Sunday

YMCA of the USA

1101 17th Street
, Suite 705

Washington, DC 20036

phone 312-415-2940

fax 202-835-9030

[ mailto:johnavae.campbel[log in to unmask] ]joh
av
e[log in to unmask]

Save the Date: May 10-13, 2009

College Goal Sunday