Hello Everyone,

IMPORTANT NEWS

I have sent out an email for the last few weeks.

Part of my duty on the Board is to try to get involved with WESTOP, I am
part of the Awards Committee for the Conference.

I have been in communication with the chair of this specific committee
and as sad as it is, WESTOP as a whole has not submitted nominations for
these awards.

This is somewhat of good news for our chapter, to step up and be
recognized by WESTOP.
Let us show that in the Central California Chapter/WESTOP we have ALOT of
deserving TRiO Professionals that go beyond the call of duty, that are
here in our valley to make sure that our students get represented and get
the opportunities that they deserve.

As a Chapter I am asking you to please take about 15-30 minutes from your
busy work schedule to fill out a nomination for someone in our chapter, or
your institution that is very well deserving of an Award for all of WESTOP
to recognize.

The deadline to submit is Feb. 2, please complete and fax over no later
than this Friday.

Thank you

Gillermina Martinez
Retention Counselor