Greetings CenCal Family, Hope that those of you who trekked to Summer Jam this past week-end are up and at em again. A little sleep and some Red Bull never hurt anyone! Just a little update our our upcoming PDS scheduled for October 8-10th. A location has been selected which is the Doubletree Hotel Sonoma Wine Country (www.dtsonoma.com). A contract is forth coming and I am soliciting a motivated/energetic committee to facilitate with the following: Workshop presenters Registration/Gift ideas for registrants Moderators Entertainment Hospitality Key Note Speaker solicitation Awards I would also appreciate theme ideas that relate to wine country. Interested individuals can email me directly to select their area of expertise no later than July 8th as time is ticking for us to put things together. Several meeting dates will be set up after this to touch basis as coordination is being planned. I plan on soliciting Sonoma State TRiO programs to assist us with referrals for entertainment, gift ideas, presenters, etc, but will need a "point person" to be over certain areas. The Doubletree participates in the Hilton Honors Program, so it would not hurt to register for membership @(www.hiltonhonors.com) prior to your making reservations in the near future. The hotel will be offering us a rate of $145.00 per night. Their reservation link will be included within the CVENT reservation system once we get it set up. Please take time to go to the hotel website to do a virtual tour of the location. The location was visited by myself a couple of weeks ago and I'm positive that our membership will enjoy the atmosphere and amenities that this property has to offer. Summer Jam Side note: All programs who participated, please ensure payment was received or in process for our treasurer as we need to account for all programs who registered with proof of payment. Please note that if you registered your program to participate, and you were a "NO-SHOW", you still need to honor payment to the chapter. Contact Carrie Lujan-Gonzalez for payment confirmation/receipt @ (831) 582-4456. Thanking you all in advance for your cooperation. "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." -Conrad Hilton