Congratulations to Guillermina and all chairs/officers elected!!!

for item #5 listed below, i have attached the check request form that must be completed in order for me to send a check to the students.  I also need original proof of registration from the university/college they are attending.

and for fairshare I only received $$$ from one person!

Safe travels to everyone returning home!

Carrie  =)

No title defined <[log in to unmask]> writes:
Congratulations to all the 2008-2009 chairs and officers of the Central Cal Chapter of
WESTSTOP.

All nominees were voted in that were listed on the absentee ballot along with our new
Central Cal President, Guillermina Martinez.  Just so everyone is brought up to speed, I need
for you to pay attention to the following:

1.  Anyone who gave me money in Kona for fairshare or sent Carrie money, please email your
name by Wed.,  April  16th NOON, so I can account for your contribution with the Fairshaire
chair from WESTOP.  If you don't, it will be listed under my name as the chapter president for
contribution.   If it's not a big deal, then don't.  I have cash that some of you gave me and I'm
looking to turn it into  one big check soon.

2.  Our PDS is slated for Oct. of this year and our next chapter meeting will be in May at
Monterey Bay.  I packed away my notes, so Norma, help me out with the dates in a later
email to the members when you get this.  Summer Jam dates were decided upon as well and
Blanca Melchor needs a committee like yesterday as the event is slated to happen in June.
So, again, upcoming events Chapter meeting (May), Summer Jam (June), and PDS (Oct.)

3.  I'm going to be arranging for  a day  of mentoring for all new chairs and officers possibly
at  the chapter meeting in Monterey.   All former chairs of CenCal events will be contacted to
share advice about their role and logistics of planning an event.

4.  I'm soliciting my committee for the PDS and need people for the following:  workshops,
entertainment, awards/presentations,  silent auction, hospitality.

5.  Lastly, members who had a nominee selected for the CenCal scholarship need to ensure
that the students understand the process of how to secure  their monies in a timely manner.
This year's scholarship will need to go out as early as possible (Mid-July) possibly to allow
time for dissemination and the scholarship committee review by Sept. sometime.  More on
this later.

I think this is all for now.  Next year's conference will be held in Phoenix, AZ in March.
Those of you who made it to Kona, I hope you had a memorable time and I'll see you all
soon.

" I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every
possession, a duty.

-John D. Rockefeller