Covering the land—shortcake, waffles, berries and creamCuts out of its width (81). UnfairWhere, as I discover as I go throughWhat? What can you do?This perfection, this absence.More beautiful than anything in this world.At the white place of the road's vanishingAbsurdly, my eyes can only see the arcIn realms of dingy gloom and deep crevasseOf the matter of snow here. Both of us have graspedAppendicesSought to contrive, intending to expressgiddy as good kids playing hookey. Now,With its lament, it often sounds, instead,With sun's warmth wasted on a stone,And melt the spirit; his mouth will distendIs the moon to growAnd melt the spirit; his mouth will distend