and kill the husband who had shot one of their comrades.
at the sentries at the entrances to towns and at cross-roads who
another wall of breastworks, the German, at the edge of a stretch of
and principle for them to feel at home in that company. Any boy,
appeal to his emotions or by social pressure, may suffer a reaction
and strawberries and cream in place of ration marmalade. Oh, my!
A shrug of the shoulder, a gesture to the East, and the answer was:
an open car along the coast of Scotland. Dusk had fallen on the
are set with veiled eyes at the end of wires; veiled eyes trying to
anything but unfavourably impressed by the incident.
are not men but look as if they might be in the hazy distance, called
about in keeping with the mental capacity of a prison camp. "No
A single incident, an impression photographic in its swiftness, a
All the prestige was with her enemy. In '70 all the prestige had been
and all else is a vague struggle of every ounce of strength which one
and guns, with many little actions and their steady drain of life, while
a train connection, I saw a German reservist of forty-five who was
a base, while his scouts kept in touch with all that was passing, and
A turret out of action means two guns out of action; a broken knuckle
and movement abruptly admitted him. Perhaps no Anglo-Saxon fully