Procter & Gamble), pharmaceutical makers, biotechnology and nanotechnology companies,
amendments. Those inconsistencies will have to be reconciled if the full
said in a statement after the vote.
Committee by a unanimous voice vote.
venture capitalists, some universities and research institutions, and companies
"We have reaffirmed our commitment to ensuring that our nation's patent laws
inventor can be hard to prove. The bills lay out a process for contesting a
innovation and stifling entrepreneurship," a group called the Innovation Alliance
attempt at such massive overhauls sputtered and ultimately died over intense
Tessera and AmberWave Systems, voiced similar reservations about the House version.
Addressing litigation tactics
foreign patent systems currently possess. Critics argue that the existing
amendments. Those inconsistencies will have to be reconciled if the full
be seen. Both proposals continue to face considerable resistance from a broad
venture capitalists, some universities and research institutions, and companies
limiting what are perceived as excessive damage awards, and keeping questionable
proposal would go a long way toward staving off expensive court litigation,