XVI. Laying a Ghost: The Jeannette and the Fram
I might have happily lived some other childhood.
VII. Hudson and His Strait; Baffin and His Bay
Out of the road into a way across
In the dread circle hemmed by glaciers,
Lucky the bell—still full and deep of throat,
I. Arctic Scenery
Astonished that you have returned to go
Dreaming time has reversed, I watch drowned snow
VII. Hudson and His Strait; Baffin and His Bay
People might see to be the opening
In Winter Haven, the ballplayers are stretching
My only thought is for what has
It is as though I were at a second threshold.
their bellies, they're out cold, instantaneously
M?e and P?e Chose are walking away from the
will be penciled on the coffeeshop menus.
In the sound of the snow. What the countless
Hoarfrost is in his bones and on his head,