am glad he is gone. i never saw such a long chin in my life. well, but now for my news; it is about
"such as vanity and pride."
"no-i do not know that you were wrong in saying what you did."
"in marrying your nephew, i should not consider myself as quitting that sphere. he is a
embracing her, acknowledged, with the liveliest emotion, that she was the happiest creature in the
elizabeth could not repress a smile at this, but she answered only by a slight inclination of the
all the way home. and in the first place, let us hear what has happened to you all since you went away.
"have you anything else to propose for my domestic felicity?"
"that is the most unforgiving speech," said elizabeth, "that i ever heard you utter. good girl! it
"and they are really to be married!" cried elizabeth, as soon as they were by themselves. "how
"about a month," said elizabeth; and then, unwilling to let the subject drop, added, "he is a man
determined to hear all she could; and charlotte, detained first by the civility of mr. collins, whose
conference with elizabeth related the event of the day before.
elizabeth said as little to either as civility would allow, and sat down again to her work, with an
am dead, may turn you all out of this house as soon as he pleases."
"aye-that is because you have the right disposition. but that gentleman," looking at darcy,
elizabeth, to whom jane very soon communicated the chief of all this, heard it in silent
advice and entreaty of so near a relation might settle every doubt, and determine him at once to be as