CenCal Chapter members,

Please read this entire email regarding your WESTOP membership fees and forward it to others that can benefit from the information.  Please read it now since leaving it for "later" it may be too late.

Thank you,

Martina

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:24:45 -0700
From: Anita Blanco <[log in to unmask]>

Hello WESTOP-

Please remember to submit your WESTOP Membership dues by this Friday, February 3rd (postmarked)!

Why do I need my WESTOP Membership fee postmarked by February 3rd?
This ensures you will have the following membership privileges at the upcoming WESTOP conference in Vegas:

Šbut wait!  I've always paid my WESTOP Membership fee at the conference.  ---Can't I still do it then?
Yes, you can always pay your WESTOP membership at any time.  BUT, postmarking your membership by February 3rd will allow adequate time to process and verify your membership for voting privileges at the WESTOP conference.

For instance, when voting in your state/local/national elections, one needs to register to vote beforehand--- rather than showing up on voting day and expecting to vote.

We hope this will create less confusion and create a more streamlined, efficient voting process.

Ok.  I now understand the privilege of votingŠ but, explain the privilege of attending the Meeting of the Members.
In recent past, WESTOP members have sometimes felt uncomfortable with non-WESTOP members being in attendance at the annual Meeting of the Members.  By verifying WESTOP membership as a requirement for being able to attend the Meeting of the Members, this will better facilitate more open and constructive dialogue among WESTOP members.

So, having membership postmarked by February 3rd will allow adequate time to process and verify membership.

Alright- So, how do I send in my WESTOP Membership?
As a reminder, WESTOP Membership is valid from July 1st-June 30th.

WESTOP Membership is $50 a year (what a bargain!)

If you need to renew your WESTOP membership, do the following:
ˇ        Log on to www.mywestop.org and make sure your profile is correct.  Make any necessary changes online.
ˇ        Then, send a check made out to "WESTOP" to our WESTOP CFO- Joy Brittan  (sorry, credit cards and cash cannot be accepted when paying your WESTOP membership)
-        Joy Brittain
-        The Regional Center
-        California Lutheran University
-        60 West Olsen Road #3700
-        Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

If you are a new WESTOP Member, please do the following:
ˇ        Go to http://www.mywestop.org/register.asp and register as a new WESTOP member
ˇ        Then, send a check made out to "WESTOP" to our WESTOP CFO- Joy Brittan  (sorry, credit cards and cash cannot be accepted when paying your WESTOP membership)
-        Joy Brittain
-        The Regional Center
-        California Lutheran University
-        60 West Olsen Road #3700
-        Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Still have questions?
Please refer to http://www.mywestop.org/faq.asp and http://westop.csuchico.edu/FAQs.html in order to answer any questions you may have.

-thanks
-ab

Anita Blanco
2005-2006 WESTOP Chair of Communications

Anita Blanco
Executive Coordinator
Undergraduate Admissions
Arizona State University