note out to you'all > ---------- > From: Darlene Conwell > Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 9:06 PM > To: NorCal WESTOP > Cc: Charles Dyson; Bonnie Hall; [log in to unmask]; > [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask] > Subject: Dress Code for the 26th Annual Conference > > Greetings All, > > > Cowgirl boots and Stetson hats! Okay, it may be a bit uncomfortable > for the men to wear the cowgirl boots, but do your best to gear up > accordingly. This years conference theme, Cultivating Community > speaks to a multitude of issues and concerns that TRIO Community as > well as WESTOP as a whole, have, are and will face. In order to keep > the community alive and well it takes grass roots planning > communication and unselfish devotion. We the conference committee > feel that in order to dig into the roots of such matters we must be > in our most comfortable clothing possible especially since we will be > facing 90 plus degree weather that is currently warming up Arizona > for us. > > All of you who know me, knows that I have a different pair of tennis > shoes for every day of the month plus an extra week and one days > worth, just in case. I also love my jogging suits, baseball hats and > back packs. All of which have been sitting un-worn for many, many, > many months, since I decided to take that step into WESTOP's most > challenging leadership role. Why, just today I found my white > leather, orange trimmed, hidden lace, ankle cut, NYC-And One's. As I > happily put them on, I though, hmmm... what better way to start my > descent into my Past Presidency by being in my most comfortable > clothing at my farewell conference. So, to all that will be > attending the WESTOP 26th Annual conference in Tucson AZ. This > tennis shoe is for you! Join me in being comfortable, leave that > dress to impress frame of mind at home. Really now, I mean it, even > for the banquet! > > C-U in AZ, > Dar~ > >