fyi-is anyone from our campus going? > ---------- > From: Tony J. Garduque > Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 12:54 PM > Subject: Special Senate Hearing on Outreach > Importance: High > > Dear EOP Alumni, Friends & Supporters, > If you can attend and/or participate in this meeting, please do so. The > future of Student Outreach & Retention Programs that target our people is > at stake. Please do ever you can to assist in saving these programs from > the budget ax. The need for which they were created over 30 years ago > continues to exist in our community. > Tony Garduque > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > Special Senate Hearing on Outreach > > As many of you already know, the Senate Education Committee and Senate > Budget Subcommittee # 1 will be conducting a joint informational hearing > on Student Outreach and Academic Preparation on Wednesday March 31. > > The hearing will occur after Senate Ed. has finished their regular > business and will likely begin around 10am and run until noon (room 4203, > which will accommodate a few hundred people, so let's work to fill it up!) > > > This hearing is for informational purposes only; no votes will be taken. > The specifics of the agenda are still being worked out, but we will be > taking public testimony -- in limited form -- at the end of the hearing. > > Have a lovely weekend. > > Amy Supinger, Consultant > Senate Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review > State Capitol, Room 5013 > (916) 445-5202 > > > >