CENTRALCAL Archives

October 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Agni Fernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:53:53 -0700
Dear CENCAL,

I want to thank all of you for making this PDS the best one yet. (In my
opinion, even better than the WESTOP’S I have attended. Yes even Hawaii.)

Primarily thanks to Wendy White and her committee for putting an
outstanding program and an outstanding list of speakers.

All of my workshops were very helpful and it was outstanding to see
representatives from COE, WESTOP president, local judges and
politicians, gates millennium information, ACT, and much much more.

I believe we took a stride forward with so many people representing from
SSS programs. Thanks to all that attended. I know next time workshops
and information will continue to improve. Lets keep the momentum going.

(I say we continue having conferences away from our homes. Everyone who
was there was so willing to participate.)

Congratulations to all of those who were nominated and received awards.
Keep up the good work.

I was very motivated and challenged to hear Mr. Fred Mickle from ACT
speak about our partnership and the suggestion on advocacy for us.

None of us could raise our hand when the question was asked if our
communities knew of our efforts in our communities.

This is impossible. Should be impossible. We all do a very outstanding
job for this society.

We need to be proud of our work and stop being a steppingstone. We are a
very caring, hard working, group of people and deserve respect and help
in achieving our goals.

I hope you were all challenged to continue making strides and moving
forward in our mission.

It was a very fun enlightening weekend. Keep up the good work and lets
get better organized in advocating for us.

Thanks

Agni Fernandez
College Counselor Educational Talent Search
California State University, Fresno
(559)278-2252
"Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself."