CENTRALCAL Archives

September 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Wendy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2008 14:05:43 -0700
 Dear  Colleagues,

I am writing this letter to update you on  our  Professional Development
 Seminar Coordination meeting held earlier today at Fresno State.  As of
date, we have 16 confirmed attendees.  As seminar chair, I am putting
out a challenge to the entire chapter to  show support for  this annual
event.  Our  chapter voted earlier in the year to move this year's PDS
to October and as it stands, we all need to stand together to ensure
that our actions speak louder than our words.

PDS is an excellent opportunity for TRIO professionals and other equity
professionals to gather in a setting that allows them to share their
knowledge, skill, expertise both with long term and new colleagues. The
workshops being planned are carefully solicited to provide the most
up-to-date, and useful information for each participant.

I am currently working in my regular position as a ETS counselor, taking
 13 units in graduate school, and ensuring that my (2) boys and husband
see their mommy every now and then.  I can surely appreciate when
someone tells me that they are busy, but there are times when we need to
sacrafice for the greater good.  I challenge you all to support your
chapter endeavors and look to this event as a way to support the TRIO
fight.

With this said, there are two main things I would like to see happen
between now and before the week-end ends:

First, book your room by going to our CenCal website at
www.centralcal.org. Click on PDS 2008 to find the link to book your room
at a great rate.   Second, a registration form will be sent out shortly
on the listserv and posted on our website for you to forward to Carrie
our treasurer at CSU, Monterey Bay to track your registration payment.
Remember, Early Bird deadline is September 12th.

Please show your support also in the areas of buying an ad for our
program, contributing items for our silent auction, volunteering to be a
moderator, and submitting workshop proposals.  The deadline for
proposals is September 19th.  Feel free to contact me via email on by
phone at (559) 278-2271 during the week if you have further questions.

I look forward to seeing you all in beautiful wine country very soon!

Sincerely,

Wendy

"Success seems to be connected with action.  Successful people keep
moving.  They make mistakes, but they don't quit."

-Conrad Hilton