CENTRALCAL Archives

August 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Wendy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:18:21 -0700
Greetings Cencal Family,

I am sending you this most current PDS information as I have had
technical difficulties in working with the CVENT system.  I am not a
"techi" type person, but I am "in process" to work things out to  allow
our chapter to utilize the CVENT system that we have paid into.  So, in
light of this, here is pertinent information that I'm sure you all have
been waiting for:

1.  Registration this year has been set at $150.00 for early bird
registration.  Deadline for "early bird" is September 12th which gives
you about a month to submit payment to our treasurer.  Late registration
is set at $200 after the 12th and on-the-spot registration will be set
at $225.00  Please initiate  payment arrangements with our treasurer.
Please send ATTN:

                      Carrie Lujan-Gonzalez
                      CSU Monterey Bay
                      100 Campus Center, Bldg. 47/1st Floor
                      Seaside, CA  93955-8001

Please email her once payment is submitted at
[log in to unmask] and myself so that we can track
payments being sent in for the event and attendee counts.  Once CVENT is
set up, you will be able to submit another confirmation of
registration/payment being sent as well.   This is all for tracking
purposes.  Please include the amount of your check/PO and the number of
attendees from your program along with their respective names/titles.

2.  I'm forwarding you all the link to make hotel reservations.  The
hotel has a special rate for us to  book at (3) days prior and (3) days
after the event for those of you who may want to arrive early and stay
later.  The rate is at $145.00 per night.  The link should be user
friendly for you to use.  Be sure to check out the hotel amenities and
things to do in the area.

3.  There will continental breakfast served on the morning of the 9th
during our plenary session *cost included in registration fee along with
an Italian buffet served during lunch.  The hotel is working with me on
providing a  plated breakfast to be served on the morning of the 10th
during our scheduled chapter meeting.  I'm attempting to keep the cost
at or around $20 per person. Attendees  will be requested to submit
"payment in advance" to either myself or an "yet to be identified
person" prior to the chapter meeting so that I can submit payment to the
hotel.  Any special diet plans need to be brought to my attention ASAP.
 Dinner on the evening of the 9th will be on your own.

4.  Myself and Jenny Amaro are Workshop Chairs and I am attaching a
Presenter letter/Workshop Proposal Call for Papers.  I have been in
dialog with individuals from Sonoma State and the surrounding areas for
workshop proposal solicitation, however, we really need representation
for ALL programs within the entire CenCal family.  The Welcome speaker
and Key Note speakers requests are in progress, but we now need programs
or colleagues that you may know to submit papers.   We don't have much
to offer presenters from out of the area much in the area of
compensation other than lunch/gift TBA so keep this in mind when
soliciting individuals.  They can also book under the same room rate
that we are getting as well.  Just forward them the link.

5.  I received the sign-up sheet for person(s) who have signed up to be
chairs for various committees.  There will be a coordination meeting at
Fresno  State  on Friday, September 5th starting at 10 AM til.
Individuals who have signed up, please email me with further
instructions on your assignments ASAP or contact me directly at (559)
278-2271 during the week.  I still need a Moderator Chair, Entertainment
Chair, and at least (2) other individuals to serve as my "right arm" aka
Co-chairs for PDS as I am attempting to make sure I am covering
everything.  Information on TRiO colleagues/programs who have been
exceptional in their delivery of services this past year, retiring, etc.
are welcome information for our awards chair, Susana Lucero (Fresno
State UB).

I'm sure you will find this email benficial for planning purposes.  Look
for more info in the coming weeks in regards to a tentative agenda for
the entire event.

"Success seems to be connected with action.  Successful people keep
moving.  They make mistakes, but they don't quit."

-Conrad Hilton