CENTRALCAL Archives

August 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Wendy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:53:51 -0700
Happy Monday,

This is your "Beginning of the week reminder" to book your room reservations for our Annual
PDS coming up in October.  Check out our CenCal website for the reservation link for the
hotel.  The deadline is midnight, Sept. 7th.  Book your room, even if your plans are tentative.
You can always cancel, but it would help for planning purposes for both the hotel and our
event planning.

Just a quick update.  The Gates Millennium Scholars Program just confirmed that they would
like to host a workshop at our PDS under the umbrella of the Hispanic Youth Scholarship
Fund and the African-American  Scholarship Fund Programs.  They have some information
they would like to share with us regarding their Male Initiative program as well.

Continue to spread the word, and proposals are still being accepted for all program types
(Pre-College, College, and Graduate).   I have attached the presenter letter and Call for
papers.

"Success seems to be connected with action.  Successful people keep moving.  They make
mistakes, but they don't quit."

-Conrad Hilton