CENTRALCAL Archives

August 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Wendy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:14:09 -0700
TGIF folks,

This is your Friday update and friendly "nudge" to get your rooms booked
for our upcoming PDS *deadline for our special rate is Sept. 7th
midnight.  As of this AM, I received an email from the Doubletree
showing me that the only one booked for a room was little ole me.  This
is not good people.  I even down-scaled the attendance a bit, but we
definitely need people to book.

I am close to closing a deal with the Gates Millenium Scholarship Fund
to host a  workshop for our event. I am still in need of workshop
proposals geared for all of our target programs.  I know everyone in our
chapter knows a colleague or two, so spread the word and also consider
submitting a proposal yourself.  We need representation  for all program
types.  Check out our chapter website as well (PDS '08).

Hope all is well in TRiO-land and have a great week-end!

"Success seems to be connected with action.  Successful people keep
moving.  They make mistakes, but they don't quit."

-Conrad Hilton