CENTRALCAL Archives

July 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Monica Nolasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:47:45 -0700
Agni,
Does this event take place yearly?

Monica Nolasco

-----Original Message-----
From: CENTRALCAL [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Agni Fernandez
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 12:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Seeking Volunteers For Hispanic Youth Symposium!

Please help spread the word by forwarding this message or signing up.We need over 300 volunteers for a 3 days event that truly can change our central California's Youth Lives.

Thanks

Greetings,

My name is Agni Fernandez; I am serving on the volunteer basis, as ³co-volunteer coordinator² for the Hispanic Youth Symposium (HYS) is an annual event designed to encourage Hispanic teens to seek brighter futures for themselves and their families by staying in school. Using a bilingual format, the Symposium has three primary goals:

    * Mentoring/drop-out prevention;
    * Pride in Latino culture/history;
    * Encouraging students to pursue higher education.

At this time we are seeking for volunteers to serve in various general positions for the duration of the event. HYS is scheduled for July 24-27, 2008. We need help with logistics, set up, moderators, etc.
The amount of your involvement depends on your availability. If you would like you can be present all 3 days!

Attached you will find graphic directions on how to volunteer for this event. Please on the Preferred volunteer role mark ³transportation chaperone². There are a few other committees working with the conference and they will find volunteers for different roles. By you marking transportation chaperone it will be a red flag for me to know you are looking for a general position. If you are interested in a different role please email me or call me before signing up.

If you don¹t feel comfortable with the online sing up or have questions email or give me a call.

Thanks

€ Go to hispanicyouth.org

€ Click on information for volunteers

€ Choose central Valley California