CENTRALCAL Archives

June 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Wendy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:06:19 -0700
Greetings CenCal family,

Happy Monday,

In preparation for our first chapter sponsored event of the year, I wanted to throw out my
congratulations to Blanca Melchor  and "Company" for a job well done in soliciting the
highest number of program/participants for this year's Summer Jam.  At press time, we
currently have over 500+ participants registered  for the event.   In addition, I have received
word  that everyone (programs) have either paid or will have a check in hand when they hit
ground on the June 20th!   This is awesome and will allow our treasurer to properly account
for $$$ early on.  I truly appreciate this as well as Carrie who I'm sure would echo this.

Just a quick update on my "tying up" loose ends as  I close out my presidency:

1.  (2) locations are being scouted out in the Napa area for our annual PDS.  Anyone who
wants to serve on the committee (workshops, silent auction, entertainment, evaluations,
moderators, gifts/awards, registration, etc) can email me personally or contact via phone
*559.278.2271 and speak to me directly about their interest).  Remember that our PDS this
year is in October so please keep this in mind as you do your program planning for the year.
Let's set another record with attendance.

2.  I will be working on final chapter report which will include financials for our chapter.  THis
information will be available for viewing prior to our first chapter meeting in August.

3.  Newly elected chairs, don't be shy about contacting last year's chairs or soliciting advice
from myself  in regards to your new duties in your respective position.    Our chapter
scholarship needs to be put in our student's hands as soon as school resumes, etc. This is
just one example.

4.  I sent off everyone's Fairshare monies to COE last month and if you contributed, your
individual information was provided to the COE rep (name, program, position, campus).
Keep Fairshare on  your mind as we enter into our new year.  You don't have to wait for
chapter meetings to contribute.  You can go onto the COE website and follow instructions on
how to contribute.

I think this is all for now.  Be sure to check your emails periodically for CenCal stuff, get
some rest, and I'll see everyone in  August or down the line.

" I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every
possession, a duty.

-John D. Rockefeller