Help for CENTRALCAL Archives

CENTRALCAL Archives

Subject: Seeking Volunteers For Hispanic Youth Symposium!
From: Agni Fernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:04:51 -0700

Please help spread the word by forwarding this message or signing up.We need
over 300 volunteers for a 3 days event that truly can change our central
California's Youth Lives.

Thanks

Greetings,

My name is Agni Fernandez; I am serving on the volunteer basis, as
³co-volunteer coordinator² for the Hispanic Youth Symposium (HYS) is an
annual event designed to encourage Hispanic teens to seek brighter
futures for themselves and their families by staying in school. Using a
bilingual format, the Symposium has three primary goals:

    * Mentoring/drop-out prevention;
    * Pride in Latino culture/history;
    * Encouraging students to pursue higher education.

At this time we are seeking for volunteers to serve in various general
positions for the duration of the event. HYS is scheduled for July
24-27, 2008. We need help with logistics, set up, moderators, etc.
The amount of your involvement depends on your availability. If you
would like you can be present all 3 days!

Attached you will find graphic directions on how to volunteer for this
event. Please on the Preferred volunteer role mark ³transportation
chaperone². There are a few other committees working with the conference
and they will find volunteers for different roles. By you marking
transportation chaperone it will be a red flag for me to know you are
looking for a general position. If you are interested in a different
role please email me or call me before signing up.

If you don¹t feel comfortable with the online sing up or have questions
email or give me a call.

Thanks

€ Go to hispanicyouth.org

€ Click on information for volunteers