CENTRALCAL Archives

May 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Wendy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CENTRALCAL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 09:06:43 -0700
Good Morning CenCal,

I was out yesterday, but want to send a friendly reminder for everyone to submit your PDS
questionnaire that I sent out this past Thurs. either via fax (559.278.2322) or via email
attachment.  The questionnaire is short and will only take a few minutes of your time.  This
questionnaire is greatly needed for planning purposes as most if not all will be going into
"Summer mode" and I don't want to keep bothering you about PDS, but want to get a gist of
what everyone would like to take part in .  October is around the corner and I don't have alot
of time.

The meeting in Monterey went well and we actually had a representative from a McNair
program attend. (Yeah).  They want to get involved.  At the present time, I have had (2)
individuals approach me about being a chair/co-chair for the Legislative/Education
committee.  You will find an email along with this email re:  some information education.
This is  the type of information that our chapter needs to stay abreast of and I will be
stepping down from sending out this info to the body.  Guillermina, would stand to have at
least (1) person keep abreast of this info and send out as need be to the body.  Your name
would be submitted to  the COE rep (Heath) and he would periodically shoot you  email info
for your to either send out, respond to, or listen in on as a rep from our chapter.   Those that
have expressed interest in being on the Leg/ED committee, please contact me today via
phone at (559) 278-2271 so that I can converse with you and confirm your committment.
WE STILL NEED A STUDENT LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE CHAIR, LIKE YESTERDAY!  WE CAN'T
WAIT UNTIL AUGUST FOR SOMEONE TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

I will be attempting to generate the CVENT notification for Summer Jam slated to happen in
June by weeks end if not sooner.  In the meantime, get your financial affairs in order ($$$
650.00 per program) and contact Blanca Melchor ([log in to unmask]) to inform her
of your tentative headcount for dorm requests.  Limited dorms are available for
students/staff, so communicate with her about this ASAP.  She is in the process of also
researching other housing arrangements in the event dorms get filled up and you have to
stay off campus.

Lastly, for those of us who made it to Kona, don't forget to fill out the Conference evaluation
that James Ota sent out last week.  I need to do it myself, so I'll resend out to the body once I
find the email.  Again, this is important for planning purposes for each conference that
WESTOP puts on.

This is all for now.

" I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every
possession, a duty.

-John D. Rockefeller