CENTRALCAL Archives

April 2008

CENTRALCAL@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

From:
Wendy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
No title defined <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 22:59:29 -0700
Greetings all,

I made it without incident to Kona and wish to request a few things from members for the
upcoming election in Kona.  I'm asking for (2) volunteers to assist the election committee.
(1) will be tasked in counting ballots and the other will assist the committee with whatever
they need.

I'm also attaching the proposed budget for our chapter that needs to be voted on in our
chapter meeting.  Once approved, this budget will go before the Financial Affairs Committee
(FAC) that will meet following the close of the conference on Wednesday.  This budget was
carefully reviewed by myself, the president-elect, treasurer, and mentorship of two past
presidents of CenCal (Rey Cuesta and Martina Granados).

Please don't forget your Fairshare  contributions.  This needs to be a priority for all of us.  I
cannot stress this enough.  Either bring our $$$ with your to Kona or send Carrie your check
(*please let her know, check is in the mail).

I haven't done the agenda yet for our chapter meeting and want to inform you ahead of time
that our PDS will most likely be in October sometime.  We should be able to nail down actual
dates for this coming October which means that the committee needs to get hoppin in our
planning.  I have a location in mind and will present this to the membership during the
meeting.

Absentee voters, keep  faxing your ballots to Jenny Robledo at (559) 278-2322).

Lastly,  I am truly sorry for those of you who couldn't make the trip due to the airline mishap.
You are in my thoughts .

Have a good week-end and I'll  see some of  you real soon.

" I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every
possession, a duty.

-John D. Rockefeller