Help for CENTRALCAL Archives

CENTRALCAL Archives

Subject: Yes, I do remember you.
From: Manuel Bersamin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:51:34 -0800

Martina,

Yes, I do remember you and I do need help to learn how to become a CenCal member. I am
about to send in my WESTOP membership. I am also about to send in the COE
membership.

 I haven't had a chance to communicate with either Raul or Ofelia as to what happened to me
after our CAMP grant was not renewed. Please feel free to let them know where I am now.

I was very happy to be offered a TRIO directorship since I have always admired the TRIO
programs as well as the TRIO staff that I know. Most of the staff I know are from CSUMB but
I have always been around TRIO programs at every university that I have attended or worked
at.

I applied for and received permission to attend the University of Idaho NASP training in
Hawaii on Feb 20-22. This was a miracle because my president frowns on travel outside the
48 states.

I have been told by Fabio Gonzalez (SSS Gavilan) that the other training that I should plan on
is the COE trainings in Wash DC.

I would like to attend WESTOP because I have heard so much about it but I don't think that
they are going to let me attend every training that I want to attend even through it is written
into the grant.

The UI/NASP training in Hawaii may be the one that they will use to justify saying no to
others.

I was wondering that if you had to chose another training this spring and you were a NEW
director, what would you choose, COE or WESTOP?

Manuel