ADVISINGFEEDBACK Archives

July 2022

ADVISINGFEEDBACK@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2022 02:54:01 +0000

  firstname - Zhen Rui

  lastname - Ng

  email - [log in to unmask]

  phonenumber - 5598135947

  relationshipwiththeuniversity - Student

  whattypeoffeedbackdoyouhaveforus - Comment

  feedback - Hi. I am writing this to comment about Fresno State's academic credit transfer system. I am not sure if every international student was having this issue but I have encountered this problem when enrolling subjects that requires pre-requisite. I transfered from Sunway University (Malaysia) to Fresno State. I am majoring in Information Systems and I was able to do a credit transfet for IS52/52L. However, I am unable to enroll into a course which its pre-requisite was IS52/52L without a permisson number. I though this was some error from the system, but this problem happened again when I was trying to enroll into Upper Division Courses. The problem is that even though I have met the requirement for a particular course, I still need to enroll courses that have a pre-requisite with a permission number.

I found this a little annoying as I could not enroll instantly and have to reach out to academic advisors, departments for help. Sometimes, I would get the same answer from two sides telling me that "You can reach out to this specific department for help."   "You should look for your advisor for this problem.". I understand that I would need to go to the right department for the permission number of a course, but it is kind of irritating that I have been doing the same thing for more than 2 semesters. But the faculty has been doing a great job in helping me out. I could really feel that they are really patient and wanted to solve my problem. I had to request for permission number for 4 semester (Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022, Fall 2022). I have a feeling that I would need to do the same for next academic year, and I was hoping that I could resolve this issue in advanced.

So, I was wondering if there is a way that the system is able to recognize the courses I have taken and transfered, so I do not have to enroll courses with a permission number. Because I did completed the requirements but still being bothered with unable to add class. Thank you very much for reading this.