ADVISINGFEEDBACK Archives

November 2023

ADVISINGFEEDBACK@LISTSERV.CSUFRESNO.EDU

Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2023 05:35:14 +0000

  firstname - Joshua

  lastname - Bayt

  email - [log in to unmask]

  phonenumber - 559-580-5601

  relationshipwiththeuniversity - Student

  whattypeoffeedbackdoyouhaveforus - Complaint

  feedback - I have incapable of picking ANY of my classes for Spring of 2024. For almost every class I have tried to enroll it, the system claims I am missing a prerequisite that I have taken at community college. My orientation has hardly said anything about what to do and I am completely in the dark. I have contacted admissions and they send me to registrar, they transfer my call and I get voicemail. They never call back so I physically go to registrar. I fill out a form to get my major class permission number? When was I even told to do this? I have yet to hear back from the department so I shoot them a call, voicemail twice. I even emailed the professor for the class I need and all they said was, ask the department. And finally I try to enroll in IB General Ed, AND I CANNOT. I took all my GenEd at community!!! So why doesnt the system let me pick any of the classes my advisors TOLD ME TO TAKE. For a school I am about to spend 4 grand at, this is outrageous and disappointing. I guess thats why students go to Chico huh. Or better, they go to UC. I bet this complaint mailbox gets filtered into some OpenAI ChatBot that learns off the complaints to figure out how to send the best PR damage response but I will attempt a message anyways.

My name is Joshua Bayt I am a computer science major and I NEED HELP getting my classes. Since there are no advisors for the REST of the semester, im screaming into this text box instead. Heres my student # 301893593. Please I need any help I can receive from this paradox of a system.